Monday, December 9, 2019

Resolution to be sent to Authorities after holding Second day of demonstration on 10.12.2019


The General Body Meeting of this Association held on 10.12.2019 unanimously resolves to express its deep concern and strong protest over the unfair provisions in the notification of Recruitment Rules of AAO of IP & TAFS Group ‘B’. The Recruitment Rules framed for the Accounts and Finance Service which are against the interests of very personnel of Accounts and Finance Cadres in the Department of Posts and Telecom.

It is to bring to the notice that, initially the steering Committee constituted by Member (F) for amalgamation of IP&TAFS cadres had recommended to earmark 30% in the total cadre strength of AAO for the Senior Accountants under Seniority Cum Fitness quota and the remaining 70%, promotion through examination. SEA Section of DOT has diluted that recommendation and a draft notification was released with 20% for SCF, 40% for examination and 40% for DR. DOP&T did not favour this proposal. After several rounds of discussions spanning over three years DOP&T approved the RRs with 40% SCF, 40% Examination and 20% DR. And this modified draft had also been approved by the UPSC and was sent to DOLA before notification.

Again a fresh draft dated 23-03-2017 had been floated retaining the percentage of promotion quota i.e. 20% DR, 40%DE and 40%SCF. The only difference in the fresh RRs was the enlargement of category of officials for recruitment by promotion through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination. The same was accepted by the DOP&T and was sent to UPSC.

Mysteriously at this stage, the RRs that was earlierapproved by DOP&T and accepted by UPSC was discarded.  The UPSC has gone back on its earlier stand and made a complete U-turn by recommending 100% by examination, failing which by deputation and failing which by Direct Recruitment in the present RRs.

Discarding the existing Seniority cum fitness quota and opening the gates to write the examination relating to Accounts and Finance Service to all and sundry is going to sound the death knell for the career prospects of the employees working in Postal Accounts.

The General body appeal to the authorities concerned to render justice and protect the interests of the Accounts employees by incorporating the following amendments to the RRs of AAO Cadre.
 1.   Promotion by Seniority cum Fitness to the Senior Accountants working in                       Postal Accountants and Telecom Accounts, 40% of total Cadre Strength of AAO.
2.     Eligibility to write the examination be allowed only to the officials of Accounts stream of Department of Posts and Telecom Accounts.
3.     No residency period required for the Senior Accountants and 3 year residency period for MTS/LDC/Junior Accountants to appear for the examination.
The General body also appeal and resolve to request to cause thorough and time bound investigation by an independent agency on the irregularities of various nature occurred/noticed in LDCE held in July 2018 of AAO at various levels, as pointed out by this Association through its communications already addressed to the authorities concerned. 

1.      The Secretary,
       Department of Posts, 
       Dak Bhawan, New Delhi -110001.  

2.      The Member (Finance)
Telecom Commission
Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi 110001

3.      The AS & FA,
       Department of Posts,
       Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001.

4.      The Sr. DDG (PAF),
       Department of Posts,
       Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001.

5.      The Chief Postmaster General

6.      The GM (Finance)/ DA (P),

7.      The Secretary General, NFPE,
       North Avenue, New Delhi – 110 001.

8.       The General Secretary, AIPAEA,  
       Camp at O/o GM (F), PAO, U.P. Circle, Lucknow 226024   

No comments:

Post a Comment